Thursday, May 17, 2007

Drumpad and hoop.

When I first received the drums. I was like "man... this drum is horrible!". And I do realize the fact that the 16" floor tom doesnt have its bottom hoop and the leg bracket has damaged. It was ok with me because it can be replaced with a new one. After my visit to Woh Fatt which I acquire my cheap hi-hat clutch and floor tom's bracket, I do realize that cheap China-made hoop is only available for 6 holes drum only. Mine is 8 hole. So after few weeks I went to Bentley and it surprised me because they didn't bring in normal hoop and the one that they have is the same China made 6 hole hoop. The salesman said that they will bring in the Pearl Superhoop II but its kinda pricey but that is the last resort for getting a 8 hole hoop. So at November 06, before I went to Penang for my industrial training; I placed the order together with deposit for 16" 8 hole Pearl Superhoop II. But when I get back from Penang after 3 months, the hoop still couldnt be seen in Bentley. I waited again and finally in somewhere March 07, I received a call from Bentley saying that the hoop has arrived. :) So here it is. I still didnt install it until now because I'm too busy with my school. I also grab a pair of Tama sticks which little heavier than I use before and it will be strictly for my rudimental practice.

*Pearl Superhoop II is a 2.3mm hoop which is a standard hoop for Session series between the entry level Export series and Professional level, Masters. Since Session has been discontinued, Pearl Superhoop II is now available at Vision and ECX Maple series. The normal hoop is 1.6mm.


As I said in previous post, I have receieved a gift from my gf which is the 12" Vic Firth drumpad. It imitates almost the same feel of real snare on the black surface. The grey surface on the other hand has more rubbery feel and softer rebound compare to the black one and it is also for quiet practice. The dual surface is a brilliant idea because I can play both surface and make a variety of sound with rudiments. It really a good buy (although i didnt buy it) and I will recommend it at anybody who are looking for a drumpad.


Practice kit: Drumpad, metronome, timer and a pair of sticks.