Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Pearl Japan's Drumstick Bag

I just fisnished my second last paper and its time for an update before I left the hostel. Unfortunately my house havent equipped with internet connection yet and I dont have any idea when will Telekom provide the line to our area. This is what happened when government let a company to monopolize certain crucial service.

I have a friend studying in Japan. He was my neighbour when I used to live in Ampang, my hometown (although I dont have any house there anymore). He will come back to Malaysia twice every year and during his last return, I have ordered something that is only available for Japanese market. Yes, only Japan; USA and Europe didnt get a chance to have this thing in their local store unless they special order it through a Japanese website. When I'm thinking of something that he will bring it in his bag easily, I surfed to a Japanese's musical instrument website and came across Pearl's section. I am abit surprised with my finding. I've found a whole range of Pearl's very own cases and bags and also a whole range of Pearl's drumsticks. As a Pearl fan, I dont want to miss a chance to have one drumstick bag and a pair of Pearl's drumsticks for my collection. I will upload the drumsticks pic later, but here is the Pearl's Drumstick bag.



I also went to Singapore recently with my friends to watch Rachael Yamagata. Singapore as we all know is like a heaven for musicians because they have lots of amazing gear with amazing price. So I already have made a list things that I want to buy for Blackpearlz such as Ritter Cymbal bag, bass drum spurs, tension rods, washers, drumheads, HOLZ ring and few more which I couldn't remember. So when I was already in Swee Lee, I'm a bit disappointed because there's not much things there. There are things but not in my list. I also found that the Ritter bag is very expensive. So I bought things that were not in my list which are a pair of rute and mallet from Vic Firth. I also bought some plastic Tama washers. After that we went to a music shop in front of the Swee Lee and I bought 16" EC2 and clear G1 drumheads. I am looking for bass drum spurs but they only sell cheap looking spurs which I dont think I want to buy it. Later in the evening after the drum meetup with Soft drum community, I went to other drum shops in the city. I did found Holz but I decided not to buy it because short of cash. I must say my visit to Singapore's drum store this time was a bit disappointed simply because KL offer more things compared to what is being offered by them. But Singapore's Swee Lee does offer crazy discount few times a year which will never done here in KL.



No comments: