Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My First Zildjian

Its been almost a year since my last post. Yeah.. I'm so lazy to update it. As for the project, it dont really go well simply because I dont have enough fund to complete it. So I started fast at the beginning, bought used cymbals, new snare and new heads but getting slow in the middle because of some financial problem. But now, I want to restart it back. From the last post, I managed to get new crash, new drumpad (thanks for my lovely gf who bought it for me), new heads for toms and many more. So its not dead yet and I still play on my drums regularly.

As for the updates, I recently moved to a new house and get myself a bigger room and I have this space perfectly for the drums. I love the new house but one thing is behind my room is a house where have little baby and little kids. So I have to play softer with limited time. :( But its ok because since I have the drumpad, I practiced a lot in rudiments. And yes this rudiments really help to improve my stroke. I also deleted the post of the "Brass Snare" previously simply because the snare is actually not a Brass Snare. Its a Bronze snare. I managed to find the old catalogue of Tama's snare and found my snare on it. Sorry for the false information. Btw, this is the image from original catalogue. The code number for the snare is PB365. Bronze shell with Brass Mighty Hoop.



I also managed to get a used 18" Zildjian K Custom Dark Crash from a friend. Its really satisfied me because only god knows how I wanted this so bad and seeing it up in a classified, its no way I will let it go away. Although I have to wait about 3 months to pay it, it really worth waiting! It have unique crash sound with dry, trashy overtones. Fast response with very quick decay. Speaks quickly, then dies. Very dark and full-bodied. So thats all for now. I'll update more if I have the time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.