Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Gibraltar Hardware.

Last time when we first jammed at Mokhtar's house after semester break I've asked Mokh what stands that are good. Good for use and money. He simply say Gibraltar. Gibraltar is a company that ONLY makes hardware for drums and this company officially make hardware for drum maker such as Gibraltar and others. So I started to search about this brand on the internet and I found good reviews on it. So somewhere on February we went to Bukit Bintang in a search for stands. We first go to JS Music that the only official dealer of Gibraltar in Malaysia. I am looking for snare and boom stands. The retail manager there that is Jee is very helpful. She show to me and answer all my stupid questions on drums without hesitation. So I get the price and ordered a snare stands and boom stands. Its all around RM300. So while waiting my stands to be delivered to the shop, we went to Bentley to pick up my guitar.

After paying up my bills we went to percussion department. I've asked about my defected brackets and it is out of stock and they will order it and will take about a month to reach here. So I'll wait. Here are the defected bracket.

Image hosting by Photobucket

And I also checked out the price of boom stand for Pearl Hardware. Damn the price is so much higher than Gibraltar. So expensive. I stick with Gibraltar. So I also checked for pedal's price. The standard P-120P pedal price is RM190.00 Hurm... quit pricey for a stock pedal. I dont know about pedal yet. But after chatting with a friend, he suggest me the Pearl Elliminator Pedal. And its price tag is around RM500!
Nice. I will do some research on this pedal comparing with Tama's Iron Cobra and other pedals too.

So on Wednesday I went back home to set the stands and it looks more like a drumset now. Hahaha I felt so excited to complete this project! Here the pictures of blackpearl with the new Gibraltar snare stand and boom stand.

Snare stand

Image hosting by Photobucket

Snare stand with snare

Image hosting by Photobucket

Boom Cymbal stand

Image hosting by Photobucket

The Uncomplete Kit

Image hosting by Photobucket

Side View

Image hosting by Photobucket

No comments: