Thursday, April 10, 2008

Wrap cleaning

From previous post, you guys may realize the residue from the removed lugs and brackets. I've asked around how to remove the residue and the answer is of course, a plastic cleaner. I've been searching around Carrefour, Tesco and also Giant but failed to found a cleaner which is specific for plastic. Then, I have been told by my colleague that ACE Hardware has everything in their store.. including the one that you cant found in a normal hardware shop.
So, few weeks before I had a small shopping at ACE Hardware and bought myself

1) AUTOSOL Plastic Cleaner (same AUTOSOL but this one for plastic! cool!)

2) MAAS multi purpose metal cleaner (i've read good things about this product and i couldnt believe it can be found in Msia!)

3) Selleys Glue (sad to say, my Pearl Elliminator rubber floor cover flipped)

This morning I have some spare time and tried the AUTOSOL Plastic Cleaner to remove the residue at the toms. As usual, it works like wonders. It also made the wrap shinier.




Now here's the hard part. The eyelets if you can see is full of rust and the eyelets cant be removed with bare hands. This thing will damage if removed and searching for its replacement is almost impossible here. So what I do to clean the rust from the eyelets is to clean what is visible from outside. Dont care the inside of the eyelets.. after all, no one will ever care! (Including me!)



Yup, MAAS works fine just like AUTOSOL.



Everything is clean and shiny!

No comments: