Thursday, February 07, 2008

Cleaning Spree!
It only takes less than two weeks for my drums to be finished by JS Music drumtech. I am very excited to see how's the outcome will be and when I got to see my drums, I am very satisfied with it. The bass drum spurs looks like it comes as an original parts together with the drums but for the tom masking plate, I need to clean the marks which have been left by original tom bracket. I've posted this issue to PDF and some of PDFers adviced me that Alcohol will do the trick. Owh, I also has removed all the lugs for my 13" tom for cleaning.


Lugs' and bracket's marks on 13" tom:

Outside:

Inside: Whole:

I have also cleaned all my hoops using toothbrush and Autosol. It was fun actually and toothbrush makes the job become easier. So far, I've completed cleaning all hoops for toms and lugs for 13" tom. I have a day work and I only do this when I'm off. So, I only have like 5 to 6 hours for a week. So far, I have utilize my evening on my off-day to do this. Next, it would be 12" tom, floor tom and last but not least-the kick.
Before,

After,

Before and after;

Autosol did a very good job in removing small rust but for a deeper rust, as adviced by PDFers, I need to use .0000 steel wool to remove it but I havent tried it yet though.

No comments: