Saturday, July 19, 2008

Zildjian A New Beats.

I first heard a pair of New Beats when a local band played in an acoustic show in my college. The hats sound so clear and it mixed so well with the music. No mic whatsoever. At that time, I dont even know what the hell is New Beat hats! All I know is the hi-hat sound is so good and I really love the sound. As I go along and joined PDF, then I knew that the New Beats hats is by far the most versatile hi-hats available. It can be used in jazz, rock, and even metal! It is so versatile and this pair of hats have been used in so many good recording.

Buying a pair high end cymbal is very crucial to me. I cant afford to do some "try and error" session. So any high end cymbal that I want to buy will be the cymbal which I will be use forever. I mean, as long as I am alive, I will try not to sell any of my cymbals. I hope. :D Thus, making a decision on buying a new cymbal is very important. I will be screwed up if I bought a cymbal which I dont like after that. This is why I decided to buy the famous New Beats hats. Because I dont want to gamble my money on something that I never listen live or even played them.

Ishibashi is an obvious place to buy used stuffs. I checked the site almost everyday to see if there's any New Beat for sale and as soon as they put one for sale, I wait no more and asked them to hold it for me. Not more than a week, the cymbals arrived and after gone through some hassle with Customs, finally the hats are in my room :D

As expected, the sound of this hats is bright, clear stick definition, superb chick sound and nice bell. Ok, pictures.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

new beats are indeed very beautiful. gud fo yu.

Melvin Sia said...

hi..im Melvin, got to know ur blog from a fren of mine. Nice post u hav. =)

and nice snare...damn pretty...seriously. lolz

Im a drummer too...still a newbie, and i just bought a Pearl Forum drum set. =)

Hope u dun mind sharing ur thought and opinions with me in the future.

Anonymous said...

Hey. Just found this blog. Nice drum set and so far good job with the restoration. Keep posting because you're doing fantastic. I'd love to see how much progress you've made since last summer. -John

Anonymous said...

you bought thing from web (japan)? safe? how is the shipping? thanks!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kamen Drummer said...

Hye John V. Yes I bought it from Ishibashi Webshop. The shipping is about RM150. But its still cheap because the cymbals' price is already low.

Diddle's Drum Shop said...

We agree! Zildjan's produce the best sound with clarity AND without over-ringing! Great post!